[opensuse-factory] package name conventions
Hi,

I'm wondering that since some time but again found some examples where I
just don't understand our current naming conventions.

The examples I mean

python3-mailman
golang-github-prometheus-node_exporter
golang-github-prometheus-prometheus

I somewhat understand such a naming convention for typical modules. This
is what we had since ages and it's important if a module is for python2,
python3 or golang indeed.

But for standalone software like mailman, prometheus-node-exporter and
prometheus itself?

I don't care if the thing is written in python, golang or $WHATEVER. I
also do not care if it's hosted on github.

Debian package names are e.g.
prometheus
prometheus-node-exporter

So is this really a reasonable approach to package naming?

Wolfgang