Re: [opensuse-factory] NIS-Server Trouble - search 20200128 image
  • From: Ulf Bartholomäus <ub22@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 12:00:18 +0100
Am Samstag, 15. Februar 2020, 13:29:40 CET schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
Am 15.02.20 um 11:53 schrieb Ulf Bartholomäus:
Only to give the background of the installation, so I'm not sure if NIS is
still the best/required solution.

NIS probably still is the simplest (setup-wise) solution for your
problem, but I have to agree with Thorsten: I doubt you need services
distributed by NIS.
For most setups, user/password and automounter maps distribution is more
than enough.

I'm not sure. The setup runs since about 20 years stable (only sometimes
redone due to new installation of openSUSE due to HW topics (the last was
about 1 year ago, due to a defect of the root SSD - now root is shifted to a
RAID 1)

Thorsten: is it intended to make ypserv also use the new layout with
/etc/ complimenting /usr/etc? Or is there already a way to have the
Makefile combine both sources?

Will be really interesting. For me the issue crashing of "yast nis_server" was
according to a not working reference.

Regards
Ulf