Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 20200201 move of services file from /etc/services to /usr/etc/services

On Tuesday 2020-02-04 15:01, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

Is there a "proper" way to handle this apart from what I did?

I think the proper solution is to have netcfg provide exactly that kind
of symlink. Just like we have /var/run and /etc/resolv.conf.

No [... nsswitch ...]

Ah yes, the nsswitch feature.

Some of those files under nsswitch control change soooo rarely — and most of
the time, it is not even the user touching it, but some system-induced
update —, I fell prey to momentarily believe they are not under nsswitch
control. There might even be programs that operate the same.
Luckily, fetchmail is not one of them.
So, all good.