[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2020/05
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

I have the feeling this year is moving a bit faster than me. Not sure
why. But Tumbleweed is keeping up with the fast pace and we have seen
five full snapshots released during the week 2020/05 (0123, 0124, 0125,
0127 and 0128).

Those snapshots brought you those major changes:

* Libvirt 6.0.0
* SQLite 3.30.1
* Mozilla Firefox 72.0.2
* Shadow 4.8
* Linux kernel 5.4.14
* PostgreSQL 12
* gettext 0.20.1

Some of the big topics from last week are still held up in stagings.
Seems are progressing, but more help is appreciated. Things currently
being worked on:

* Qt 5.14.1 (Snapshot 0130+)
* Python 3.8
* Removal of python 2
* libcap 2.30: breaks fakeroot and drpm
* GNU make 4.3: has some major incompatibilities. Observe fallouts at
in Staging:O.
* KDE Plasma 5.18 (currently beta being tested)
* Linux kernel 5.5
* netcfg moves a few files from /etc to /usr/etc (services,.
protocols): currently, AppArmor is blocking access to those files, so
we need some changes there (Snapshot 0130 and later)
* RPM: Change of the database format from bdb to ndb
* Initial work is being done for GCC10

Cheers,
Dominique
< Previous Next >