[opensuse-factory] Re: kdesu broken and mc error on bash startup on TW 20191014
Maximilian Trummer skreiv 17.10.2019 15:24:
After upgrading to Tumbleweed 20191014, I'm getting this message whenever I
start a bash session:

bash: mc: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
bash: error importing function definition for `mc'
It seems to be a problem with the file /etc/profile.d/mc.sh
mc is installed from the main OSS repo.

I’m not sure it’s related to mc. After upgrading, I get similar error message for *all* my custom functions defined in ~/.bashrc. Example:

function sayhello {

echo 'Hello!'

}

export -f sayhello

The error message is:

bash: sayhello: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

bash: error importing function definition for `sayhello'

(But for some reason I have to log out and in again for the error message to appear/disappear after I add/remove a function from ~/.bashrc. It’s not enougth to just relaunch bash or open a new terminal window.)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer