Re: Fwd: [opensuse-factory] Default browser: chromium?
On 20/09/2019 20.07, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 09/19/2019 11:01 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

This is why using external polling sites is insidious, multiple ad engines
just waiting to grab your whatever unique identifier it can make of your
browser to track you until the grave.

See: https://susepaste.org/58375287

This is also the prime example of why Chromium should NOT be a default browser
with it deprecating the Web-Engine that allows blocker like uBlock and
NoScript to work. Mozilla will continue with the Web-Engine interface to
support the 3rd party privacy extensions, Chromium (Chrome) will not.

In case my poll vote wasn't counted because I refused to allow all the
ad-related javascript to run:

[X] Maintain Firefox as the default.

Then create a new profile for Firefox that does allow it (use UBlock
origin if you wish) in a private window, and be done with it. If
Chromium gets to be the default I will blame you, then make a puppet
with a printed email of yours and put a pin in your backside! :-P :-D

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 15.0 x86_64 at Telcontar)