Re: [opensuse-factory] Bluetooth Headphones MIC not working!

-------- Original Message --------
From: Michal Suchánek [mailto:msuchanek@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2019, 12:45 PM
To: Marco Calistri
Cc: opensuse-factory
Subject: [opensuse-factory] Bluetooth Headphones MIC not working!

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 03:04:00PM +0000, Marco Calistri wrote:
Hello,

Just would like to say that I'm very disappointed about the fact a
Bluetooth headset, which is working perfectly on Android and on Windows
10, it is not completely working on Linux Tumbleweed.

I read several users complains about same problem, not just OpenSuse
users, but also users of different Linux Distro's and all agree about
the fact that recent versions of BlueZ/Pulseaudio have dropped the dual
protocol management A2DP-HSP/HFP.

Why do you think so? It is possible to switch the profile in
pavucontrol/pactl so long as more than one profile is recognized on your
device (Configuration tab in pavucontrol).

HTH

Michal

In my case, from pavucontrol INPUT options, the BT headset neither
appears, only internal mic is displayed.

BT headset appears just on OUTPUT options with both profiles
A2DP-HSP/HFP but only the first is working.

Probably on my system the headset is recognized just as an OUTPUT device
but, as I told on other O.S. it is working PnP.

With pacm list-cards I see that headset-input (MIC) is not available:

profiles:
a2dp_sink: Riproduzione ad alta fedeltà (sink A2DP) (priority
40,
available: unknown)
headset_head_unit: Unità headset head (HSP/HFP) (priority 30,
available: no)
off: Spento (priority 0, available: yes)
active profile: <a2dp_sink>
sinks:
bluez_sink.9C_08_FD_B8_1E_19.a2dp_sink/#2: 950BT
sources:
bluez_sink.9C_08_FD_B8_1E_19.a2dp_sink.monitor/#3: Monitor of
950BT
ports:
headset-output: Cuffie con microfono (priority 0, latency
offset 0
usec, available: unknown)
properties:

headset-input: Cuffie con microfono (priority 0, latency offset 0
usec, available: no)

This is just frustrating :-(

Cheers,

---
Marco Calistri
Build: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20190909
Kernel: 5.2.11-1-default - Cinnamon 3.8.9