[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2019/36
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Seems we're settling at 3 snapshots per week. It seems to be pretty
hard at the moment to get stagings fully built and tested (build are
constrained by only few workers able to build e.g. Firefox, and since
Leap started the dev cycle, the load on OBS and those few workers
massively increased). So, 3 snapshots, or roughly one every other day,
does not sound so bad overall. During this week, we released 0829,
0902 and 0904.

The snapshots contained those updates:

* freeipmi1.6.4
* Linux kernel 5.2.11
* LibreOffice 6.3.1.1
* Swig 4.0
* nmap7.80
* X11 server received patches for NVIDIA's PRIME render offload
support

The Staging areas are all filled, as usual with smaller and larger
changes. Currently most interesting ones/impacting are:

* glibc 2.30 (
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=glibc2.30)
* Inclusion of python-tornado 5 & 6 (waiting for salt to declare
proper dependencies in the package - submission now pending staging)
* filesystem changes: /etc/cron.* will no longer be generally
available. BuildRequire cron in your packages if you install files
there (or better yet, migrate to systemd timers)
* Linux kernel with STACKPROTECTOR_STRONG enabled
* Mozilla Firefox 68.1
* KDE Plasma 5.16.5
* KDE Applications 19.08.1
* More preparations for /usr/etc (libeconf has already landed)

Cheers,
Dominique