Re: [opensuse-factory] Package firewalld should not yet replace SuSEfirewall2 [SOLVED]
On Mon, 2019-09-02 at 10:53 +0200, Freek de Kruijf wrote:

I found a comprehensive article about firewalld on this web page:

https://www.linuxjournal.com/content/understanding-firewalld-multi-zone-configurations

I'm not sure if I'd call it "comprehensive", but it's a well-written
introduction. And I liked this:

"Firewalld is an under-documented firewall configuration tool with
more potential than many people realize".

I wouldn't concur that the author's statement that the concept of zones
is truly "innovative". SuSEfirewall2 had a very similar concept. To me,
the innovative part is mostly that you can easily change the rule set
without a full firewall service reload.

I finally decided to have two zones, internal and external.

Don't take it personally, but it seems to me that yours is a rather
basic setup :-)

Best regards,
Martin