[opensuse-factory] Qt4 removal: september status update
  • From: Christophe Giboudeaux <christophe@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 10:31:30 +0200
Hello,

Qt4 is almost ready to be dropped. Thanks to the people involved during these
past months, we're down to four packages:

- gwenhywfar:
Thanks to Johannes Engel's work, here's what's going to happen shortly:
* gwenhywfar will be downgraded to 4.20.2
* gwenhywfar5 will be the unstable package
* aqbanking was also updated to 5.8.2
* aqbanking6 will require gwenhywfar5

The hardest part was getting feedback from the "Office:" maintainers. The SRs
remained opened for more than two weeks without getting attention.
SR#727875 and 724198 are still opened.

Johannes also has a package update ready for gnucash, but it depends on these
changes.

Tracking bug: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/1148408

- keepassx:
The last keepassx release is from 2016, the last commit is from january.

https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/727801 adds provides/obsoletes entries
to the keepassxc package.
A delete request will be created after that unless the maintainers want a
package tracking the git repository.

Tracking bug: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/1148401

- qgo:
After 2 posts during the past months on this list, a comment on the OBS
package page and a bug report, I never got any answer from package/repo
maintainers.
I'll create a delete request tomorrow if noone reacts.

Tracking bug: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/1148398

- mumble:
I'll prepare a 1.3.0-rc2 update today.

Tracking bug: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/1148406