Re: [opensuse-factory] *NO* Network problems (wired) after update to Tumbleweed snapshot 20190828 [SOLVED]
Am 30.08.19 um 15:05 schrieb Peter Suetterlin:

Gah.
Seems that was a bad connection to the docking station.
For writing the mail in the corridor I had taken it out, and placing it back
network came up as always. (Yes, I *had* pressed it down before, just not
completely taken out and reconnected)

Can a network connection be unidirectional? I mean, the kernel saw a link,
and the requests were sent, just the reply didn't arrive.

Well, I have encountered 10+Gbit fiber connections where tx and rx were wired
to two different servers...

Similar behaviour like yours: DHCP server sees the request, sends the OFFER but
the offer never gets back to the client...
... Very interesting to debug, if you are only seeing the software side and are
not entitled to visit the datacenter and
check out everything by yourself... ;-)

Have fun,
--
Stefan Seyfried