[opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the weeks 2019/34 & 35
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

The last two weeks have been average weeks when it comes to the number
of snapshots and updates. We have released a total of 6 snapshots. From
a user point of view, I think this is actually a pretty good pace. The
6 snapshots were 0815, 0820, 0822, 0823, 0824 and 0828.

The snapshots brought you those updates:

* KDE Applications 19.08.0
* KDE Frameworks 5.61.0
* openSUSE-welcome has been newly added
* pkg-config was dropped in favor of pkgconf
* libvirt 5.6.0
* XFCE 4.14.0
* Linux kernel 5.2.9 & 5.2.10
* poppler 0.79
* vlc 3.0.8
* CMake 3.15.1
* gawk 5.0.1
* Mesa 19.1.5
* GCC 9.2.1
* util-linux 2.34

Some things that I reported work in progress two weeks ago are still
pending. At the moment, the staging areas are filled with:

* glibc 2.30
* Swig 4 (libsolv fix just arrived today)
* Inclusion of python-tornado 5 & 6 (waiting for salt to declare
proper dependencies in the package)
* Linux kernel 5.2.11
* filesystem changes: /etc/cron.* will no longer be generally
available. BuildRequire cron in your packages if you install files
there (or better yet, migrate to systemd timers)

Cheers,
Dominique
  • No further messages