[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Proposal: Use /usr/libexec for libexec content

On Thursday 2019-07-25 12:53, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, Neal Gompa wrote:

The last time this had been brought up, it sounded like those were
packaging mistakes, and that binaries being installed into /usr/lib64
needed to be fixed anyway. I don't know how many of those are like
that (I don't have an easy way to get all the spec files and grep
through them like I do for Fedora package specs...), but I think those
would just be fixed so that binaries would be installed correctly into
/usr/libexec.

What does this change mean for all the configuration files and *.d
directories below /usr/lib?

Configuration files full of things that should be hard defaults anyway. :-(

sshd_config has the libexec path in it for the sftp helper, and moving sshd to
/usr/libexec will require a change in sshd_config too. Now, if that part of
sshd_config was in /usr/etc, that would be a no-brainer, but someone's going to
get an rpmnew/rpmsave file in /etc/ssh for the time being.