Re: [opensuse-factory] employ zypper to notify about .rpmnew (was: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20190822 released!)
On Sat, Aug 24, Oleksii Vilchanskyi wrote:

Obviously, nobody can remember to manually run a program to check for
.rpmnew every upgrade. Can zypper notify about this at the end
automatically? The only reference I found googling "zypper notify about
rpmnew" was [0] with a broken link to openFATE. Was it ever implemented?

Implementing this would be a waste of manpower, given that /etc should
not be polluted anymore by packages. File a bug to get the affected
package fixed to not pollute /etc (and hopefully also /usr/etc!).

If there was indeed an incompatible change, something has to transform
the old config to the new config in some way. I think there are ways to
show notifications at the end of an upgrade, this feature is used every
now and then.

Olaf
< Previous Next >