Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Switching openSUSE's pkgconfig implementation to pkgconf
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 06:48:17 +0200
On Monday, 15 July 2019 3:27 Neal Gompa wrote:
On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 8:31 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 8:23 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hello all,

I've submitted a request to Factory to switch the pkgconf package
provide the pkg-config binary and interface[1].

Bah, I didn't notice an out of date license tag (updating to SPDX
3.0...)

New SR: https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/715356

And the corresponding delete request for pkg-config in Factory:

So you announce you would like to get a new alternative into Factory and
would like to switch to it and - without any reply - *64 minutes* later
you already send a delete request for current one?

I know, Tumbleweed is supposed to be bleeding edge and everything but
this really seems to be a bit rush. Is the switch really so urgent that
we cannot give it two or three weeks to see if everything works fine
with the replacement before we drop the existing package?

Michal Kubecek