Re: [opensuse-factory] New Package for Factory: libXpresent -> X11:XOrg
Hi,

On 07.07.19 15:42, Marcel Kühlhorn wrote:
Hello all,

I want to submit libXpresent to Factory

libXpresent provides an X Window System client interface to the Present
extension to the X protocol.
The Present extension provides a way for applications to update their window
contents from a pixmap in a well defined fashion, synchronizing with the
display refresh and potentially using a more efficient mechanism than copying
the contents of the source pixmap.

The reason for wanting this in Factory is that we need it to be able to deliver
xfwm4 of the upcoming Xfce 4.14 release with Xpresent support as a fallback
where vblank via GLX might not be available [1]

Upstream:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxpresent

OBS Project:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/X11:xfce/libXpresent

SR:

[1] https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfwm4/blob/master/COMPOSITOR

thanks for packaging this and wanting to bring it to Factory, yet submitting it from X11:xfce (which might become the devel project for it) seems the wrong choice to me. As you have shown this is not a Xfce lib, but a XOrg lib. So in my opinion it ought to be handled by the same devel project as the rest of them: X11:XOrg. If the package is allright, it can be included from there easily.

PS: CCing the maintainer of X11:XOrg (Stefan Dirsch)

Greetings,

Tobias