Re: [opensuse-factory] How to inform users of security settings (boo#713289)
On 04/07/2019 14.51, Cor Blom wrote:
Op 04-07-19 om 14:34 schreef Carlos E. R.:
Sorry, users will not read this. Not even know they have to read this,
unless you tell them "somewhere" that this time they have to read it.

Rather, you could consider to add a README.SUSE file to the LyX
documentation directory where it explains why some features do not work.

Well, there are many different users. I read package descriptions in
Yast, I don't read README's, unless I am pointed in that direction in
the description.

Package description, certainly, most of us read it, in YaST (dunno about
zypper). But the Changelog, no, which is what was posted above.

So If there is no other solution, I probably should do both.

Maybe an indication in the description with longer explanation in
README.SUSE. This file typically described what was different in the
openSUSE package compared to upstream.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.