Re: [opensuse-factory] Request for "light" package to be added to SUSE repos
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 13:28:12 +0200
Am Sonntag, 12. Mai 2019, 13:10:13 CEST schrieb Michael Aquilina:
Hi there and thanks for your replies!

I am very new to osc and find it quite unfamiliar compared to git so
excuse what may be some stupid questions from my side.

1) What is the devel project? I initially thought I would be
submitting a request to the openSUSE:Factory project but it seems I
might be incorrect based on what I read

A development project is the place from where a submission to Factory is made
- it is never made out of your sandpit (aka home project). The maintainers of
the devel project make sure that certain guidelines and standards are
followed.

In your case, https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/X11:Wayland may be the
appropriate development project

2) How can I submit a new package to a project without checking out
the entire thing? Running "osc co openSUSE:Factory" would download all
the packages - which I do not want to do. I also cant run "osc co
openSUSE:Factory light" as the package does not exist yet.

osc sr <home-project> package X11:Wayland

I tried finding some reference on the osc tutorial page but I cant
seem to find anything.

Fee free to ask!

Cheers
Axel