Re: [opensuse-factory] Building Rust Packages

On nie, Apr 28, 2019 at 9:23 PM, Michael Aquilina <michaelaquilina@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

I'm looking into adding several rust packages to OBS including
xidlehook (https://github.com/jD91mZM2/xidlehook) and vivid
(https://github.com/sharkdp/vivid).

From what I recall, network connections cannot be made from within the
build service and this is an important part of how the "cargo build"
process in rust works. Is there any documentation for how to build
rust packages in OBS that I can reference?

Looking at the ripgrep package for inspiration
(https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Factory/ripgrep/ripgrep.spec?expand=1)
it seems like you take a copy of the dependencies locally? Is this a
purely manual process or are there some tools to help?

In theory this should be done through rust2rpm, but that doesn't really work
in openSUSE because nobody had the time to review [1] (associated with [2]).
Otherwise, there is a cargo-vendor package to gather everything required for
the package.

[1] https://github.com/openSUSE/post-build-checks/pull/25
[2] https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:rust:crates
LCP [Stasiek]