[opensuse-factory] Building Rust Packages
  • From: Michael Aquilina <michaelaquilina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 20:23:43 +0100
Hi there,

I'm looking into adding several rust packages to OBS including
xidlehook (https://github.com/jD91mZM2/xidlehook) and vivid
(https://github.com/sharkdp/vivid).

From what I recall, network connections cannot be made from within the
build service and this is an important part of how the "cargo build"
process in rust works. Is there any documentation for how to build
rust packages in OBS that I can reference?

Looking at the ripgrep package for inspiration
(https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:Factory/ripgrep/ripgrep.spec?expand=1)
it seems like you take a copy of the dependencies locally? Is this a
purely manual process or are there some tools to help?

Mike