Re: [opensuse-factory] DNS resolution broken in last TW snapshot

On Thursday 2019-04-25 19:49, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
25.04.2019 10:37, Olaf Hering пишет:
Thankfully I have this other system to "get online".

I have no problems with running systemd-resolved. DNS resolution works.
It is not broken.

One of the snapshots did unconditional start systemd-resolved. As a
result dnsmasq can not claim port 53. As a result no name resolution
can work. Nothing like that was mentioned in the weekly review
mails.

You are not a newbie who is incapable of distinguishing between "no
internet" and "systemd-resolved conflicts with dnsmasq".

systemd-resolved listens on single address 127.0.0.53. I have no idea
what dnsmasq does or why it conflicts with systemd-resolved - you are
capable of debugging it yourself.

Well that's easy: Binding to the wildcard address, *:53, requires that there is
_not a single socket_ of the same protocol in the network namespace that is
already listening on 53 on any address.