[opensuse-factory] DNS resolution broken in last TW snapshot
Thankfully I have this other system to "get online".

One of the snapshots did unconditional start systemd-resolved. As a result
dnsmasq can not claim port 53. As a result no name resolution can work. Nothing
like that was mentioned in the weekly review mails.

There is no preset for 'systemd-resolvd', so one would expect that thing to
remain disabled after 'zypper dup'. The man page lacks info about how to not
run it per default. It is not possible to get rid of it at the rpm level.

Are we still in control of the base system?

Is it time to drop dnsmasq, bind and whatever else would offer DNS services?

Thanks. (really...)

Olaf
< Previous Next >