Re: [opensuse-factory] Running YaST-Control-Center without root
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 22:25:10 +0200
Op woensdag 24 april 2019 20:09:04 CEST schreef Stasiek Michalski:
On śro, Apr 24, 2019 at 8:05 PM, Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2019, 18:56:49 schrieb Knurpht-openSUSE:
My 2 cents: Please, NO !!!
One of the things I've always loved about openSUSE is the strict

separation

between system and user. Entering YaST means the user is going to

perform

system related tasks.

You'd still have to enter the root password though, just later when
you call
any module from YaST Control Center.

Unless you manually override that in the polkit config of course. ;-)

or run `sudo -E yast --qt`

I'm even firmly against having no 'root' but just plain sudo and

the user's

password.

Even "sudo" requires the *root* password in openSUSE's default
config, as you
should know. ;-)

Although, installer's default is also to have root have the same
password as
user, which makes me question security of that policy ;)

As the first user, yes. What if you have multiple users?

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht