Re: [opensuse-factory] Running YaST-Control-Center without root
  • From: Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 22:24:14 +0200
Op woensdag 24 april 2019 20:05:38 CEST schreef Wolfgang Bauer:
Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2019, 18:56:49 schrieb Knurpht-openSUSE:
My 2 cents: Please, NO !!!
One of the things I've always loved about openSUSE is the strict
separation
between system and user. Entering YaST means the user is going to perform
system related tasks.

You'd still have to enter the root password though, just later when you call
any module from YaST Control Center.

That's what I don't want to change.

Unless you manually override that in the polkit config of course. ;-)

I'm even firmly against having no 'root' but just plain sudo and the
user's
password.

Even "sudo" requires the *root* password in openSUSE's default config, as
you should know. ;-)

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang
I know, but I also know it works different in other distros and I would not
like to see that happen. Some friends use *buntu derivates and have no idea
about what is system and what is user.

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member