Re: [opensuse-factory] Friendly warning: Python 2 is going to be removed from Factory on 2020-01-02
On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:50 PM Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 15, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

Last time, I looked, the whole Openstack eco system was primary based on
Py2.

Must be many years ago if I read the yearly progress reports of porting
Openstack to python3 correctly.

Not that this is relevant for Factory that much, but highly relevant to the
SUSE cloud strategy, if I'm not mistaken...

The python3 openstack wiki is nearly completly green, only a few orange
and red entries.

There's some stupidity in how the SUSE OpenStack packages are done, but on
the balance, they're _supposed_ to be Python 3 compatible now.

I suspect SUSE will fix those in due time...