Re: [opensuse-factory] Friendly warning: Python 2 is going to be removed from Factory on 2020-01-02
On 4/15/19 1:39 PM, Matěj Cepl wrote:
this is just your periodic remainder (which could be expected for
the last 10+ years or so, so there shouldn't be any surprise)
that on the bright fresh chilly morning of 2020-01-02 we are
going to remove python2 package (that's Python 2.7.* interpreter)
from Factory.

I really wonder why this is necessary. Given the fact that there are enterprise distros maintaining Python 2 for a much longer time there will be backport patches available for upcoming security issues. And I'm willing to take care of that.

Ciao, Michael.