Re: [opensuse-factory] bash syntax and /bin/sh
On Thu, 2019-04-11 at 06:44 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am 10.04.19 um 23:39 schrieb Martin Wilck:

So, in theory, it'd now be possible to add automated checks for
bashisms in OBS.

I thought that check is the reason rpmlint requires checkbashisms?

So the check is in place already? Nice, I didn't know that. Just
wondering how it used to work, because since I first tried when the
discussion about bash vs. sh started, I haven't been able to work with
the checkbashisms 2.15 script that used to be in Factory until last
week.

Anyway, looking at
https://github.com/openSUSE/rpmlint-checks/blob/master/BashismsCheck.py,
it currently checks only shell scripts from the files list, not
scriptlets.

Also, it uses "dash" for checking; perhaps after Thorsten's
announcement it should rather use busybox?

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton