Re: [opensuse-factory] bash syntax and /bin/sh
On Wed, 2019-04-10 at 10:58 +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
Hi,

I don't want to bring up the discussion if /bin/sh is bash or not
again, but: we have now a tumbleweed busybox base container.
And of course, /bin/sh is not bash, but busybox.
And of course, from the first 30 packages we tried to use to build
derived containers, 3 packages failed in %pre/%post.

Please make sure: if you use #!/bin/sh, don't use bash syntax. Or use
#!/bin/bash as shell.

So if you were missing a real usecase for the differentiation of
/bin/sh,
now you have one.

Perhaps interesting in this context, we eventually have a working
version of the "checkbashisms" script in TW, checkbashisms-2.18.10.

So, in theory, it'd now be possible to add automated checks for
bashisms in OBS.

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton