Re: [opensuse-factory] Huge single-core performance loss with spectre v2 mitigation enabled (it's the default)
On 2019-04-10T12:31:31, Michael Pujos <pujos.michael@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

spectre_v2=retpoline,generic should be the default in my opinion. If good
guys at Fedora (and other distros) are using it, so can openSUSE.
Unless the people in charge want to murder single-core performance on
people's computers and lament why it always comes last in Phoronix (and
other) benchmarks.

It probably makes sense to discuss why "we" choose these settings vs
what Fedora picked. I'm not clear that, when it comes to security, we
should automatically go with those just because Fedora did and they
are faster.

Regards,
Lars

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG
N├╝rnberg)