Re: [opensuse-factory] Please revoke delete requests for fluidsynth-dssi and csound
On Mon, 2019-04-08 at 11:43 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:

I'd love to leave all these stuff away from my hands, honestly
speaking, so it'd be great if Dave just takes over.

OTOH, I wonder why such an action like dropping from FACTORY isn't
announced on the public ML like opensuse-factory before the actual
execution.

Honestly, I simply did not think that something that could not even be
installed for 6 months would be any problem.

And dropping an uninstallable leaf package is 'just noise' (in fact,
it's not even a loss: it's not installable and removing it is just
removing garbage)

Neverthreless, I think we'll rework the failur erporting bot to:

* * * As we already do * * *
After 2 weeks of failure: send a notification to the maintainer
After 3 weeks of failure: send a remainder

* * * NEW * * *
After 5 weeks: Send a mail to -factory, claiming the package is still failing
to build
After 6 weeks: file a delete request

It's frankly speaking one of the most boring tasks I have to run after
maintainers simply ignoring even personal notifications and remainders,
disabling the OBS mails and not even looking at their packages in OBS.

So, having a strict 'auto-delete after 6 weeks' will certainly bring
some sanity - and it makes the time lines clear.

If a Leaf-Package has been dropped, it can always be re-introduced after all.

Cheers,
Dominique