Re: [opensuse-factory] Latest TW: akonadi crashes
  • From: Axel Braun <axel.braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 21:38:12 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 3. April 2019, 11:36:51 CEST schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
Am Dienstag, 2. April 2019, 22:16:50 schrieb Axel Braun:
Markos found out that it works for him when removes the "nofail" option
from the fstab entry for /home (and use "defaults" instead), maybe this
would help here too?

When I remove the nofail option I end up in a rescue session.

If that is the case, the mount must have failed before IMHO and the failure
was only ignored because of the "nofail" option. Although I suppose you
would have had different problems then...

Maybe you made a mistake when modifying the fstab entry?
Just to be sure: if "nofail" is the only mount option, you must replace it
with "defaults", otherwise it should be enough to just omit it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that you might have to run mkinitrd too after
the change, some things are mounted before / is available.

Uh, my bad....yes, adding defautls and mkinitrd made the system boot again

Otherwise, this should work too I suppose:
When I umount /home and mount it manually via
systemctl start home.mount
again the state is fixed and I can log in anymore.

(taken from the second bug report, you need to do that *before* logging
in
of course)

Sure. But seems not to be the silver bullet yet.

Of course not.
It was rather meant as a workaround to get a working desktop session until
the bug is fixed.
Also, if that works it certainly "proves" that you actually have the same
(underlying) problem.

It seems to be related to encrypted home partition...thats at least what all
have in common

And it leaves the question
open why it suddenly fails.

Indeed. Or why it did not fail before...
Especially as the problem started with earlier already for other people.

No, it probably started at the same time. Due to vacation I jumped from
20190217 to 20190327....

Thanks
Axel