Re: [opensuse-factory] vanilla Leap 15.1 boosts gaming performance

On Tuesday 2019-04-02 16:02, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
Am Dienstag, 2. April 2019, 15:34:09 CEST schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
The April's fools joke is obviously talking about "PTS being sufficient and
creating comparable results".

I know PTS but what I meant to ask Ludwig what he (and the Leap release team)
would prefer for test results.

Phoronix generally seems to focus on time/work. (Time-to-completion for
a fixed task; or number of operations for a fixed time quantum)

So if you can make whatever software you are analyzing trade CPU for
memory (use less CPU, use more memory), you will score "higher" in most
tallies. At least that is my impression of PTS results as published on
Phoronix.