[opensuse-factory] ZSTD compressed root partition subvolumes
Hi list,

I thought about compressing my root partition with zstd, with which I've
had a good experience so far in terms of the speed vs size tradeoff.

Since I used the default partition layout, /boot/ is part of / and needs
to be readable by GRUB. Unfortunately GRUB stable cannot yet read zstd
compressed btrfs partitions (support has been added in git already:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=386128648606a3aa6ae7108d1c9af52258202279).

My question is: is it safe to compress other subvolumes of /, like /var?
And would it be safe to put /boot/ into an uncompressed subvolume and
compress everything else (including /)?

Thanks in advance for any pointers/suggestions,

Dan

--
Dan Čermák <dcermak@xxxxxxxx>
Software Engineer Development tools