Re: [opensuse-factory] Renaming the chromium package to chromium-browser and chromium-bsu back to chromium
Hello,

Am Montag, 1. April 2019, 10:14:34 CEST schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Monday 2019-04-01 10:08, Simon Lees wrote:
Some time long ago back in the dark ages we allowed one of the
greatest travesties of all time take place where buy the chromium
name was stolen away
from a humble arcade shooter with space ships and lasers then
given to a big ugly memory sucking corporate browser.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/chromium-bsu/

On the other hand we at openSUSE expect people to "Have a lot of
fun" and clearly renaming chromium-bsu to chromium will cause
people to have a lot of fun the first time they run chromium after
the update.

You don't need a cbsu rename to get there.

Take inspiration from openssl-1_0.spec, openssl-1_1.spec and
libressl.spec. They all provide /usr/bin/openssl, it's like a box of
chocolate ;-)

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Let's make /usr/bin/chromium managed
by update-alternatives [1]. The game should of course be the default
target because, you know, "Have a lot of fun!" ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] I'd even argue that this is the first case where update-alternatives
is really useful ;-)
--
<sbeattie> [...] this is phpsysinfo, so I assume the most complicated
approach possible will be chosen