Re: [opensuse-factory] Tiger VNC

On 22/03/2019 12:19, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 9:42 AM Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 13/03/2019 19:24, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 13. März 2019, 00:22:51 CET schrieb Simon Lees:
having said that both tiger and remmina
seem to be available on SLE-15 systems so i'll raise it with the SLE
product managers

Thanks. Just keep in mind that Remmina is Gtk so Plasma Desktop patterns might
need a different (Qt) tool.

The list of gtk dependencies it needs isn't large and will likely be on
pretty much every system anyway for some other reason, we build Qt with
glib support anyway so even Qt requires the basic gtk libs to be
installed, if it required a bunch of gnome libs that pull in alot of
deps on the other hand then it would be a different situation.

Krdc is the Qt/KDE one. It works great.

Note that TigerVNC also provides the server, which you still may want
to have as a Recommends somewhere...

As for the conditional to drop it...

%if 0%{?suse_version} && 0%{?suse_version} < 1550
Recommends: tigervnc
%endif

Simple as that. :)

Except for your grumpy old maintainer (me) who doesn't really want conditionals in that package :-P

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30