Re: [opensuse-factory] Don't upgrade to a 5.0.x Kernel with a Dell Precision 5530
On 3/19/19 2:05 AM, Dan Cermak wrote:
I unfortunately wasn't able to finish the git bisect yesterday, but finished it
just now:

7769db5883841b03de544a35a71ff528d4131c17 is the first bad commit

Could someone who also got hit by the issue do the following:
- checkout the kernel git repository
- checkout the above commit
- build the kernel as Larry described below
- boot it and try out if it breaks
- reboot and checkout HEAD~1
- rebuild the kernel, reboot and test whether it works

Good job. Unfortunately, my i915 does not show this problem along with 99+% of them. If this problem hit very many people, it would have been fixed already.

My experience is that the bug report you filed should get you a fix soon.

Larry