Re: [opensuse-factory] Today I wanted to install package asciidoc and...
On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:49:42 +0100,
Brüns, Stefan <Stefan.Bruens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Feel free to split up the asciidoc package.

Oh, well...

To make the situation clear: asciidoc is a package *TO BE DROPPED*,
not to maintain actively any longer. There is an alternative, like
asciidoctor (or python3 variant, which I don't know details).

And, this "Recommends" has been present over a decade. It's nothing
new at all. If you change it, you'll certainly break something else.
That's the reason we keep it.

So, please stop worrying too much on this package. You're whipping a
dead horse.

If you're using asciidoc, try to switch to an alternative. If you're
working on a project that requires asciidoc, try to submit a change to
allow such an alternative. That'll be the real contribution.

thanks,

Takashi