Re: [opensuse-factory] Today I wanted to install package asciidoc and...

On Monday 2019-03-18 16:21, Martin Wilck wrote:
asciidoc.spec:Recommends:dblatex.
The most minimal dblatex/texlive setup is around 144 packages;
the rest likely comes from Recommends between different texlive-
subpackages.

Not sure how that would help. texlive is quite different from, say,
lyx.

The asciidoc man page says "Backend output file format: docbook45,
xhtml11, html4, html5, slidy, wordpress or latex (the latex backend
experimental". That doesn't justify a "Recommends: dblatex".

Actually, this is exactly the justification for Recommends (as I see it).

Recommends is kind of a "stop bothering me and make it work", in much the same
way the MS Office 2000 installation recommends DOS-WordPerfect 5.x reader
plugins (or something of that sort) by default, even though WPG was becoming a
niche.

Just because I want to convert asciidoc to something else doesn't mean
I want to convert it to PDF

You know that argument can be spun both ways.