Re: [opensuse-factory] Today I wanted to install package asciidoc and...
On Sun, 2019-03-17 at 12:23 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Sunday 2019-03-17 10:21, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 17.03.19 um 10:02 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Sunday 2019-03-17 02:30, Carl Symons wrote:
On 3/16/19 5:15 PM, Michael Pujos wrote:
...is that reasonable ? :

The 2250 packages/998 MB come from
asciidoc.spec:Recommends:dblatex.
The most minimal dblatex/texlive setup is around 144 packages;
the rest likely comes from Recommends between different texlive-
subpackages.

Maybe replacing these crazy recommends with a few carefully curated
metapackages that require specific texlive subpackages would be a
solution.

Not sure how that would help. texlive is quite different from, say,
lyx.

The asciidoc man page says "Backend output file format: docbook45,
xhtml11, html4, html5, slidy, wordpress or latex (the latex backend
experimental". That doesn't justify a "Recommends: dblatex".

Just because I want to convert asciidoc to something else doesn't mean
I want to convert it to PDF and print it. The majority of asciidoc
users would probably be fine with ascii-to-HTML conversion. Those who
need to convert docbook to other formats will figure out how to install
the required tools for that.

This should be a "Suggests", at most.

Martin

Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)