Re: [opensuse-factory] Today I wanted to install package asciidoc and...
On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 11:32:13 +0100,
Michael Pujos wrote:

On 3/17/19 2:30 AM, Carl Symons wrote:
On 3/16/19 5:15 PM, Michael Pujos wrote:
...is that reasonable ? :

No. It's not reasonable.

You might want to try asciidoctor instead.

https://asciidoctor.org/docs/install-toolchain/

Any text editor can create AsciiDoc documents. Atom is especially nice
with its adoc preview mode and other nice adoc stuff.

There are several conversion choices...
https://asciidoctor.org/docs/convert-documents/

We're using asciidoctor for major documentation projects.

I needed asciidoc specifically because a github project (not mine)
needed it to generate its man pages.

In most cases, just replacing asciidoc with asciidoctor works.
But there are subtle differences that matter sometimes.

I have a hackish script to provide a compatible shell script for
asciidoctor to behave more as asciidoc. It was created in a hope to
drop asciidoc package in near future (due to python2 dependency).
But there seems asciidoc based on python3, so asciidoc might remain by
itself.

In anyway, the script is available at
https://github.com/tiwai/asciidoc-compat

and the OBS project home:tiwai:test:asciidoc-drop/asciidoc-compat
repo.

Takashi