Re: [opensuse-factory] Don't upgrade to a 5.0.x Kernel with a Dell Precision 5530
On 3/18/19 2:53 PM, Dan Cermak wrote:
Hi list,

yesterday I applied the update to the most recent kernel and unfortunately now
my laptop will no longer boot into a graphical session. So if you have a Dell
Precision 5530, don't reboot into the 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 kernel. If you did and it
runs well, please tell me how you have configured your system, as I currently
cannot even get the Tumbleweed rescue disk to boot (exactly the same symptoms:
blank screen).

Cheers,

Dan

Do you have the NVIDIA proprietary driver installed via the openSUSE DKMS package ?
if so that could be it where it failed to rebuild.
It can be fixed by rebooting in runlevel 3 (single user) and installing the
nvidia-gfxG05-kmp-default module