Re: [opensuse-factory] packages for grabs
On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 01:35:09PM +0100, David Sterba wrote:
On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 03:17:19PM +0100, Theo Chatzimichos wrote:
Hello,

the following packages are up for grabs. If you are interested in taking
over
any of them, send me a maintainership request.

If no volunteers are found to take over any of them, I will request removal
from Factory in a month. Some of the packages below are quite popular (eg
password-store, hub, xxkb, xautolock, nmcli-dmenu) so it would be a shame to
see them removed from Factory.

X11:Utilities/urxvt-font-size
X11:Utilities/urxvt-perls
X11:Utilities/urxvt-tabbedex
X11:Utilities/xautolock
X11:Utilities/xxkb (comes together with boo#1002458)
benchmark/forkbomb
devel:languages:ruby:extensions/rubygem-activerecord-native_db_types_override

This does not make sense, none of devel:languages:ruby:extensions
packages is in Factory, so what are you intending to remove? If this
means the whole devel project then it makes even less sense so I think
I must be missing something.

Yeah, most of them were in the past in Factory, but were removed when their
main consumer applications went away (eg puppet). So if any of the packages
that I listed is in Factory, I'll remove it and then remove myself from the
maintainers/bugowners list. I don't intend to remove any of them from their
devel projects though.
--
Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <tchatzimichos@xxxxxxxx>
System Administrator