On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 01:52:48PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
"Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Which software is free of bugs ... OK, the final TeX/Web from Donald E.
Knuth.
The only known I see is the the well defined bugs of the posh:

Legitimate bugs
are inconsistencies between manpage and behavior, and inconsistencies
between behavior and Debian policy (currently SUSv3 compliance with
the
following exceptions: echo -n, binary -a and -o to test, local
scoping).

which is OK IMHO :)

Do you believe, software generally documents all it's bugs in the man page?

BTW: Even if you ignore the bugs related to e.g. "command" and shell
arithmetik, posh is approx. 40% slower than pbosh or ksh93 and still
22% slower than bash if you use it to run "configure" fom gtar.

An important fact here is that posh does not have a builtin "printf".

As already said: it is a proof of concept if the build system can handle
this. It can and even if installed in a regular system it works as long
as the rpm does not include /usr/bin/sh in the file list.

Beside this speed is not all (IMHO) ... yes ksh93 was/is fast, but the
bug reports had been an annoying experience

Werner