"Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Which software is free of bugs ... OK, the final TeX/Web from Donald E. Knuth.
The only known I see is the the well defined bugs of the posh:

Legitimate bugs
are inconsistencies between manpage and behavior, and inconsistencies
between behavior and Debian policy (currently SUSv3 compliance with the
following exceptions: echo -n, binary -a and -o to test, local
scoping).

which is OK IMHO :)

Do you believe, software generally documents all it's bugs in the man page?

BTW: Even if you ignore the bugs related to e.g. "command" and shell
arithmetik, posh is approx. 40% slower than pbosh or ksh93 and still
22% slower than bash if you use it to run "configure" fom gtar.

An important fact here is that posh does not have a builtin "printf".

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
joerg.schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/