On Thursday 2019-03-14 12:46, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

Am 14.03.19 um 08:41 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar:
The review team will be ok if you switch the interpreter from to
explicit bash IFF there is need for. But please, don't just add this
prophilactic to any spec file just because you oppose something.

Would it be ok to just switch all build sections to use lua? Probably
much faster than the shells anyway :-P

Now there is an interesting thing to be said about sh. All the
interpreters that sought to replace it quite utterly failed to do so —
like awk, perl, python, or whatever — and I think it has to do with the
fact that commands are no longer first-class citizens in those
replacements. One has to write, at the bare minimum, something like
forkandexecp("ls", "-l"), wrapping the entire command in a string and
passing it to a call. That's a turn-off given >90% of a sh script is
just calling other commands.