On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 08:41:24 +0100
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2019-03-13 at 18:43 +0100, Michal Suchánek wrote:
You can specify it via the %__spec_build_cmd macro. For instance, you could

add a

%define __spec_build_cmd /bin/bash -e

Yes, that's helpful.

If we get these alternatives I will add it to the compatibility cruft
block together with the %license handling.

And I'm sure the review team will decline them if there is no proper
reason to do this - if you don't have at least *some* complexity in the
build section.

The vast majoriti of packages uses "configure, make, makeinstall",
"%cmake, %cmake_build,, %cmake_install"…

The review team will be ok if you switch the interpreter from to
explicit bash IFF there is need for. But please, don't just add this
prophilactic to any spec file just because you oppose something.

Just saying - Having a way out is good, opposing it for the sake of
opposing it is unfriendly in a community.

Cheers,
Dominique

PS: the official way of building packages for openSUSE and SLE will
stay with osc build and OBS - And of course, should anybody ever have
the idea of switching the defaulit shell in this setup, you can be sure
that this won't happen without a staging pass.

If the alternatives are implemented the shell is switchable
*everywhere* including the OBS build environment. The dependencies may
pull in a package that switches the shell. As I am not the reviewer of
shell packages I cannot tell what's my package built with anymore.

And yes, I do not care for most packages that don't contain any
convoluted code. Once you add a cycle you may run into variable scoping
differences between shells, though.

Thanks

Michal