Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't disagree. This is one argument for using a different shell,
which is in "feature freeze" mode. OTOH, the changes between bash 4.x
and 5.0 are rather insignificant in terms of shell script syntax,
AFAICT.

I remember that we recently discoverd a significant difference between bash4
and bash4 while discussing shell behavior in the POSIX standard
teleconference.
Sorry, I no longer remember what exactly this was related to.

Sorry for the typo bash4 and bash5 was correct.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
joerg.schilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/