On 2019-03-13 14:19:23 +0100, Michal Suchánek wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:59:08 +0100
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/13/19 1:56 PM, Michal Suchánek wrote:
Bash has documentation. If implementation does not match documentation
you can file a bug as much as you can against a POSIX-compliant shell.
With bash being much more active project than most POSIX-compliant
shells the bug is even much more likely to get resolved. And unlike
POSIX-compliant shells bash has BASH_VERSION which tells you *exactly*
what you are getting in case you need to support multiple versions that
behave differently.

And if you're in need of writing shell scripts that are specific to bash
versions,
you're free to require /bin/bash as interpreter.

It is not always clear how to do that. I thought there is a way to
switch rpm spec scriptlets to different shell but did not find how to
do that for %build.

You can specify it via the %__spec_build_cmd macro. For instance, you could
add a

%define __spec_build_cmd /bin/bash -e

line to your spec file.

Marcus