On Tuesday 2019-03-12 23:46, Simon Lees wrote:

Though not affected myself, I tend to agree with Martin as well. What about
an option in the installer "Preferred shell" ? Make bash default, but offer
( and install, when changed ) other shells?

My current main problem with the proposal is that it expects all contributors
/
members of the review team to go and learn something new

My problem is that you all seem to get waaay ahead of yourself.
We are nowhere near the point where one could even think of adding a "preferred
shell" dialog box.

Nor does the review team need to learn anything, as it is not a policy at this
time to be sh conformant and the what-ifs were already brought up last month.

[insert scared pikachu meme image here]