On Tue, Mar 12, Neal Gompa wrote:

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 10:41 AM Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I can't see a consensus reached in this discussion. Yet, a request to
put /bin/sh under control of update-alternatives is on the way to
Factory. So just creating facts.

That creates a dependency loop, though. Managing the core shell
through alternatives is nuts because it'll break things for stateless
things, require a scriptlet engine to run the program, and the
scriptlet engine isn't configured yet because alternatives isn't set
up...

The loop is only there because of the post install section of
update-alternatives. Somebody needs to implement that in lua ;)

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS